Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Promises, Promises!!

I am making a promise.....I will get caught up on my blogging!
But it isn't going to happen today.
We made our ten day trip south and we had a great time with both of our families.
I really cannot wait to upload the pictures and tell you the stories.
But I have to.
Why????
Well there are about four-hundred and seventy-two other things that have to be done first.
We actually arrived home this past Friday night and all four of us came back sick!!!
That's no fun!
We slept as much as we could on Saturday and did what we had to in order to be ready for church Sunday night. Which, by the way, was absolutely amazing! So exciting to be a part of what God is doing through Life Church.
Monday we were drained again and all 8 pieces of luggage and four backpacks that we brought back with us remained packed and stacked. In fact, it was only today that I mustered up the will power to tackle the suitcases laid out in the loft. Which meant I had to get Kade and Ryne to clean up the "petting zoo" that had taken over the loft just so I could get to said suitcases. By lunch time the loft was back in order and now there are only a few boxes left to unpack and find homes for their contents. I know you must be thinking, why in the world did you bring back so much stuff???? Well, there are a few answers to that question. 1- We had Christmas with Granna and Paw and Stockings with C.G. and Grandaddy 2- Kade and Ryne both had birthday parties in Oklahoma and Arkansas 3- We flew Southwest which meant "bags fly free" and since we had two pieces of luggage free for each of the four of us why would our families not load us down with "treasures" to take back? I guess the truest answer to that question is plain and simply "we are blessed!"
So, there are still boxes to be unpacked...school work that needs to be done....dinner to figure out...boys to get back into routine (Ryne has been up at 5:30 every morning since we returned)....and of course the usual housekeeping items.
Oh, and Kyle and I realized last night that we never gave Kade his birthday present from us.
He had his birthday while we were gone and we decided to wait until we got back to give him his presents and we totally forgot. So, I better add gift wrapping to the list!
Plus the sun is shining today and we think we might just need to get the boys out of the house for a trip to the park to soak up some rays.
And just because I have a hard time doing a post without a picture.....

Happy January from the Lewallens.
I love this picture because it is proof that at the moment my boys were being very obedient.
Of course, someone was telling them to say "cheese!"

Be back to fill you in on our trip as soon as I finish those "other things" that must come first!

No comments: