Thursday, February 17, 2011

Our Crazy Happy Valentine's Day

To prep you for the events of our Crazy Happy Valentine's Day, I'll start with last Friday.
Yes, I do feel it is necessary in order for you to get the full affect.

We found out Friday afternoon that our friend Alissa got a full time job at the elementary school where we meet for Life Church. Huge answer to praise the definitely merited a celebration.
So we Lewallens and the Jenkins met up with Derek and Alissa at Red Robin....
Kade asked the whole way there if he could sit by "Lissa."

And he got to!!!
Made his whole day. Don't you like how he felt the need to pose with his corndog?


Ryne was happy for Lissa, too!
But I think he was more happy that he commandeered Momma's camera....

This was the best people picture he managed to get.


Most of the pics were of the table and his food, much like this one, only quite a bit blurrier.
Our little health nut...cheesy noodles and french fries....ha!

Saturday morning I had a couple of errands to run and Kyle was going to help some friends who were working on a remodeling project then we had several things to take care of around the house. Since it was such a boring day for the boys it is a good thing that it started out so nicely for them with the arrival of a package!!!

This is how excited Kade was to open the package from C.G. and Grandaddy.


This is why he was so excited!
C.G. had already told him that she was sending a package full of snacks!
At one point while Kade was pulling out each snack one by one he just stopped and exclaimed, "Way to goooooooo, C.G.!!!!!"
Oh, yes, I had to laugh.
Ryne didn't have time for any exclamations because he had already grabbed a snack...

And was happily enjoying his box of raisins. I guess that was his own way of showing approval of the box full of goodies.


This isn't even all of the snacks that were packed away in the box, several had fallen off the pile and onto the ground. But there you have it, our biggest excitement for Saturday!
Then we did all the errands and house work and the day was done before we knew it.

Kyle spent Saturday night and most of Sunday getting prepped and ready for church Sunday night. We had a great night at church and grabbed some fast food to take home for dinner.
Then while we were eating dinner it hit us just how crazy the next day was going to be (which would be Valentine's day) as would be the entire next two weeks. We wished we had planned ahead and made early Valentine's date arrangements for the week before. Woops! It snuck up on us I guess. Anyway, we decided to go ahead and give the boys their Valentines on Sunday night. They got watches and were super excited. Kade always asks what time it is and for some reason it really seems to matter to him. Ryne always wants to wear mine and Kyle's watches and sometimes we aren't sure where to find them. So we hoped that a couple of watches would be a hit. They were! And wouldn't you know it, I didn't even think to grab my camera.
I also let the boys go ahead and give their Daddy his present from them....a card and a bag full of heart shaped Reese's Cups.
Then off to bed for the boys while Kyle and I laid out the plans for Monday.
Ready for this...this is the crazy part of our Valentine's Day....
Monday morning
6am
Kyle go to gym and work out so he can get back for me to go
7am
Me to gym to do my cardio workout so that I can get back in time to meet with my trainer
Side note:
This is what Kyle and I both saw as we left our house headed to the gym Monday morning.....

There were 4 moving trucks on our street!!!
We were worried that it was mandatory that you move on Valentine's day in DuPont and we missed the memo. Just kidding. It is a sign of life in a military in a largely military populated community. And also a sign that there were people with crazier days on tap than ours.
Back to our story, though...
8am
Thirty minutes of training with Jess....my legs were killing me afterwards just in case you were curios
8:30am
Try and convince Kade that he needs to get ready for school instead of watching the new pirate cartoon on disney channel. Obviously I was unsuccessful...what WAS I thinking???
Realize this is the last time I will probably see Kyle, just the two of us, for the rest of Valentine's day so I give him his card and gift.
Do some hurried house cleaning because our friend Woody is coming.
9 am
Kyle leaves to pick up Woody in Seattle at the train station while I get Kade ready for school now that the pirate cartoon is over. Not sure how but we had already managed to have Ryne ready for school. They are both getting to do Monday preschool in the month of February.
9:30am
Drop of boys at preschool and hurry home to clean Woody's room and sweep and mop the floors.
10am
Get a phone call from Kyle just before mopping and find out things have changed.
This is where our previously outlined scheduled got all switched up. Woody's train had been delayed and he was in North Dakota somewhere....no where near Seattle!
Kyle was coming home Woodyless and would be home in time for a lunch date.
10:30am
I stopped cleaning and headed to the coffee shop to enjoy a little break and do some Bible reading since both boys were in school. The cleaning could now wait a little while at least.
Called the Doctor because Ryne had broken out in hives again like he did 6 months ago.
***rabbit chasing*****
Just wanted her to know that it had to be the amoxicillin. First time he had this crazy reaction was the day after finishing his last dose of medicine. This time it was the day after he finished his last dose of medicine. That was the ONLY thing both reactions had in common. I even double checked the list of foods that he had eaten from all of my documentation back in August and nothing was the same except the time frame of the medication. He had blood work done before and they tested for an allergy to the medicine and nothing showed up. Anyway, she said she wanted to see him and set me up for an appointment that afternoon.
****rabbit caught, back to the schedule***
11:30am
Kyle makes it back to town in time to help me pick up the boys from school.
12 pm
Got home with the boys and Kyle had these for me.....


Of course the boys were jealous of my balloon!
Feed the boys lunch and put them down for naps.
We were unsuccessful in finding a last minute baby sitter for a lunch date so we just ordered up Chinese take-out and had a date at our kitchen table while the boys were sleeping. It was very nice! After our lunch date, Kyle helped me finish getting the house cleaned up. Woody was supposed to be coming in late that night or early the next morning so we needed to be ready.
With floors cleaned and Woody's room all ready, Kyle and I grabbed a quick nap and barely woke up in time to make it to the next thing on our schedule.
2:45pm
Kyle and Kade head to Tumwater to pick up Ryan and Janna after school. Their Mom and Dad were making a quick trip to Idaho so they were staying the night with us. A fun Valentine's day treat for our boys, no doubt.
Ryne and I headed to see Dr. Lirio. He was a perfect child for the doctor's appointment. I was wondering to myself the entire time, "why can't he be this good all day every day???" Then I kept remembering that he is two years old and he does have an older brother to interact with.
Anyway, doctor said that he apparently has a delayed reaction to the amoxicillin and we shouldn't give that to him anymore.
4:30pm
Ryne and I get home to be greeted by Kyle and all the kiddos.

Oh did our boys have a blast having Ryan and Janna stay with us for the night.

The actual time line after this point gets a bit blurred so I'll just tell you what happened.

I start cooking supper and our friend Kristy calls me up to come pick up some Valentine treats she made for us.
Check them out....


Cookies with all our names on them.
How cool that she even knew Ryan and Janna and Woody would be here.
Notice I technically got 3 cookies because I got to claim the Baby A and Baby B cookies!

I hurried home from Kristy's house in a downpour to finish cooking dinner.
While cooking, Kade and Ryne snuck up on me to surprise me with this....

A Valentine's card they made for me
And check out what was inside....

Boys after their Momma's heart!!!
Good thing their Daddy knows me so well. ha!

After dinner we all had to have our special Valentine's Day cookies...

Kade wanted to see this picture after I took it and he wasn't happy that his face was hidden behind his cookie so we tried individual shots...


and silly boy still didn't look at the camera


I think Ryan is excited about his cookie!


Janna enjoyed hers, too.
After the cookies were eaten we let the kiddos play a bit more to burn off some of that sugar and then got them ready and off to bed.
Got a phone call from Woody saying that they were in Montana and the train was being evacuated and it would be sometime later the next day before he made it to Seattle. Poor Woody, what a crazy trip!
Since we didn't know quite how things would pan out for Tuesday we decided to head to bed and get some rest after our Crazy Happy Valentine's Day. And just as I was about to crawl in bed I almost tripped over a gift bag. Another Valentine's day present for me!
Kyle had been shopping and look what I got...

New shoes!!!
I told you my boys' Daddy knows their Momma well!!!
And there you have it...a perfect ending to a Crazy Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Not much has changed, things are still crazy around here only it's not Valentine's day anymore.
We did finally get Woody here Tuesday evening.

And the boys are loving that he is here!

They keep him quite busy!!!!
I think they think Woody came just to play with them.

Today Kyle has gone to Seattle to pick up another friend, Jeremy, who flew into town and I think they have a pretty busy schedule planned the next couple of days. And next week there is a leadership summit that quite a few guys are coming up for and Kyle, Woody and Jeremy will all be gone to that for most of the week. And after the summit I think there are some guys staying over a few days the next week. So who even knows how many beds and couches might be occupied at our place.
Good thing we love crazy around here, huh???
Now to go figure out what to cook for supper to make a houseful of three men and two little boys happy. Wish me luck!
Hope you all had a happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: