Monday, December 21, 2009

Fa La La La La La La La La

Deck the house with Christmas cheer...fa la la la la la la la la....
I realized that I had not shared with you some of our Christmas decorations. I absolutely love decorating for Christmas. Of course some of the decor has toned down a bit with the addition of two children to the home but we still do what we can.
As you will be able to see, I love to use nativities when I decorate. I think it keeps me remembering what Christmas is all about. Celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ! Not Santa, not presents, not snowmen, not candy canes, not....not.....not.....
Although I am certainly not anti Santa, presents, snowmen, candy canes, etc.!
I just want to be sure that as a family we don't lose focus on the reason we are celebrating.
So here ya go....celebration through photos!

This is my favorite nativity and we always put it up in the living room.


Another nativity on the mantle.
This was the night before "Christmas in DuPont" and Kade and Ryne's stockings were too heavy to leave hanging.


The snowman collection found a home over the kitchen cabinets. Sorry for a less than fabulous picture here. How bout that shiny microwave? Ha!

And more nativity:

Over the china hutch.


On top of the DVD/CD shelf.


One of my favorite things about Christmas is getting Christmas cards so I have to have a place to display them. This is hanging just inside our front door.


Our simple entry way table with another nativity.
Notice all the kid-friendly things on the floor.

Another thing that had to be kid-friendly was the Christmas tree.
Shatterproof ornaments a must!
I do have some favorite ornaments that I just hang up high.
Here are some of them:

Ryne on the left....Kade on the right.


Ryne's first Christmas ornament.


Kade's third Christmas ornament.

We also have quite a few crosses on our tree as a reminder to us of just why Jesus was born....to die for us!



And with two little boys around we were amazed at how well our tree actually stayed together.

If you look closely down low you can see that the ribbon has been rearranged more than a few times and I assure you any low hanging balls have been rehung multiple times. However, this tree took not one tumble! Thank you Kade and Ryne for being so nice to our Christmas tree.

I hope you enjoyed our celebration in pictures.
And shucks, I didn't even get around to taking any picture of our outside lights! They were quite a celebration all themselves.
Merry Christmas, everybody!

No comments: