Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back Thingywobbers

Kade's new favorite word to say is "thingywobber". He has been calling everything a thingywobber for the past week now. If he knows the name for it then he follows the name up with "thingywobber". For example, "I need my sippy cup thingywobber." When he just simply wants his sippy cup. Or if he doesn't know the name for something he calls it a thingywobber. Which makes sense that he would use it as a substitute in that situation. I cannot figure out where he picked up on this word because Kyle nor I hardly ever, if ever, use the word "thingywobber".

Here are some things I've been hearing from Kade this week.....
"Mom, I need one of those thingywobbers."
"Hey, look at my slinky thingywobber."
"Whose thingywobber is that?"
"We just need two more thingywobbers."
"Just one corndog thingywobber, Mom."
"That's Ryne's diaper thingywobber."
Are you getting the picture?

So in honor of Kade here are our back thingywobbers for the week:

Back Thingywobber #1:
My little Razor"back"

This shirt was Kyle's when he was a little guy. The tag inside says 18 months. I remember putting it on Kade at about 1 year and it was skin tight so I got it out a little bit earlier for Ryne to wear. Either this shirt has shrunk in the wash over the past 30 something years or babies come a lot bigger these days! Maybe its a little bit of both?

And here is proof that this was Daddy's shirt:

His name is plastered on the back.

Back Thingywobber #2:
My very own personal back....it has been hurt and that has been no fun! Not sure what I did but last Tuesday evening it just really started hurting. And it was not getting any better. Kyle was kind enough to call and schedule me an appt. whith our local chiropractor on Thursday afternoon. This was my first chiropractic experience and I wasn't too sure what to think. I went in and he said that there was no telling what caused my back to start hurting....probably something building up over time (maybe carrying babies around for the past two and a half years?????). Anyway, he worked on my back Thursday, Friday and again on Monday. It is feeling quite a bit better now. But I did get these because of it:

My sweet Mom and Dad sent me get well soon flowers! Aren't they pretty?

Back Thingywobber #3:
John and Sharon got "Back" from their cruise on Saturday and we went to pick them up.
John and Sharon are friends from Colorado and they came up the weekend before and spent the night with us and Kyle took them to meet their cruise ship. So when they got back on Saturday we went to pick them up in Seattle and of course we had to give them our one day tour of Seattle. I'm sure you all know what it consists of by now.
*A trip to the market. It was Saturday and it was busy and I didn't even get my camera out.

*Some fresh seafood for lunch. We did Ivars because Kade requested clam chowder.

Here are the boys with John and Sharon waiting to be seated at Ivars. It was very yummy and the clam chowder was especially good.

*We had a Seattle "first" for us. We played the large, VERY LOUD, organ down near Ivars.

This is the organ...it takes two quarters and then the music begins.

And look at that face....that is worth two quarters anyday. Kade absolutely LOVED the organ! And I have to admit that I thought it was pretty cool, too.

*Then you know that a day tour of Seattle wouldn't be complete without a stop here:

The SPACE NEEDLE!!
Yes, our annual passes have been worth the money.


And Ryne needed some down time so we let him crawl around while we waited for our elevator. I think he enjoyed his 8th trip the the space needle. He is averaging more than one trip per month at this point! He just might grow up and want to be an elevator operator for the space needle and I wouldn't be surprised. If he could get Kade free passes, I'm sure Kade wouldn't mind it either!

After the space needle we headed to the airport to drop our friends off to catch their plane back to Colorado. We had a good time getting to visit with them.

Back Thingywobber #4:
We got home from Seattle in time for a quick nap and then we got "back" in the car and headed to Red Robin for Derek's surprise Birthday party.
It was our first time to visit this Red Robin.
Kade enjoyed the t.v. in the floor:

Looks like he might could have set there all night.

And the birthday boy seemed to have a good time.

Ryne had to be sure to give him some happy birthday wishes.
We had a really good time getting to celebrate Derek's birthday with him. Kade noticed that Derek's cake had a two and a three on it (because he turned 23). The result of that: Kade says, "I'm two and D is two and three." Gotta love the mind of a two year old!

Back Thingywobber #5:
Our very first ever guests at our new house in Washington came back.
Right after we moved here last fall we got to meet up with some of Kyle's old friends from Oklahoma. Their son, Jacob, is going to college here in Washington and we met up with them to go to his football game. Then they went to church with us and came to see our house. Jacob and some of his friends have been coming to Bible study at house on Wednesdays and we've been having a great time hanging out with them. So, his parents, Janet and Campbell; along with his nephew, Connor; were back in town this week and they came by to see us! We grilled burgers on Sunday afternoon and had a great time visiting with them.

And the last Back Thingywobber:
We got our cell phones "back"!!
Yesterday evening our neighbors Justine and Eric came over and we did a little grilling out and card playing to celebrate Eric's Birthday. They left at about 11 o'clock and Kyle and I started getting ready to head up to bed. Neither one of us could find our cell phones. We looked everywhere that we could possibly think of upstairs and down. We could not find them anywhere. Kyle actually went over to Eric and Justine's and had them call us so that we could listen for our phones to figure out where they were. (we don't have a land line so we couldn't call ourselves...just want to make sure no one thinks we were crazy for having to get the neighbors to call us)
So, I'm listening very closely and I hear Kyle's phone ringing....it's upstairs....I run upstairs....I can hear it.....I go toward the office and it gets fainter.....back towards our room and it gets louder....in our room....fainter.....back to the loft....louder.....oh no, is it in Ryne's room??....I reach to open Ryne's door and I notice a blue glow coming through the glass of the entertainment center.....the entertainment center????.....I open the door and there on the bottom shelf was Kade's crayon box and placed neatly on top of the crayons I found both of our cell phones.
Wonder how they got there?

Got one word for ya....KADE!!!

Kyle and I laughed so hard. We didn't even notice that Kade had cleaned up from making Mr. Eric's birthday card. Apparently when Kade cleaned off the coffee table and put his supplies away, he cleaned up our phones, too. What a good guy to clean up his supplies and put them away where they belong. When Kade woke up this morning we asked him if he knew where our phones were. And of course, he said, "Yep, they are in my crayon box right in there (pointing to the entertainment center), I'll get them."

So there you have it...our back thingywobbers for the week.
I better get BACK to getting some housework done around here....Granna and Paw are coming to see us next week!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I LOVE THAT!!

"Thingywobber"

So cute.

Feel better soon....my back is always killing me....but always having a kid on your hip canNOT be good. But...whatcha gonna do?!