Saturday, October 31, 2009

Not so sleepless in Seattle

Got to have my birthday date night yesterday!

Look at that smile on my face....can you tell that I was excited about my birthday date to Seattle?

Here is one of the reasons that I was so happy:

This is a hotel room.
This means a night with no babies.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my babies!!!
But, it has been a very long time since I've had a night in which I didn't have to get up with a baby during the night.
Thus the title of this post... "Not so Sleepless in Seattle".....I was looking forward to some sleep!

But first we had some fabulous dinner plans.

Here we are at Sky City Restaurant.
This is the revolving restaurant at the Space Needle.
Shhhh...don't tell Kade that we went to the space needle without him.

The food was AMAZING.
This was first:

Crab Bisque.
Oh. My. Goodness. Delicious!

Then:

Prime Rib
I was so excited about this yumminess that I forgot to take a picture until after I had already had some bites of this melt in your mouth steak.
Kyle and I agreed that it was the BEST prime rib to ever cross our lips.

And I had entertainment:

This gigantic carved pumpkin was on display for us to see outside the restaurant as we rotated around to it.


And Kyle provided some laughs as he checked out collection of shades at the Needle gift shop.

After our time at the Space Needle we headed back to our hotel.
We made our way to the lounge for dessert...

Carrot cake!


Chocolate cake and ice cream!


And now that we are Northwesterners, dessert couldn't be complete without some coffee.

After a great night of sleep with no babies needing attention we headed here:

Pike Place Market
For a late breakfast at an amazing French restaurant, Cafe Campagne

Kyle at this:

Omelet, potatoes, sausage, bread.

And I had this:

French toast!
Wow, was it good!!
Of course I would expect to have superb french toast at a french restaurant but this was even better than you can imagine.



We posed for a self-portrait before heading into the market to check things out.


We found out that these cabbages are a really big deal right now.

A big deal in flower arrangements. Look at these:

That purple stuff is cabbage!


The green, yellow and purple things...cabbage!
Who new cabbage could be so beautiful in a flower arrangement.
Yes, we brought a cabbage arrangement home with us.

Then we looked up and saw this:

What the crazy???

Oh yeah, it's Halloween and this guy...

Seattle's very own Ghost Buster!
Made us smile. Then we chuckled when we asked him if we could take his picture and was so eager to pose that he asked Kyle to hold his half eaten cookie so the pose would be just right.

From there we headed to Starbucks and saw this girl:

Yep, a pirate working at Starbucks!
Reminded us that we had to get back to our little pirate Kade and sock monkey Ryne so they could go trick or treating.

I had such a great time on my birthday get away! My sweet hubby really new what I needed.

No comments: