Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A New Friend and Life Kids

I would love to be an every day blogger.
But obviously I am not.
There are a few reasons for that....
1-I have two little boys that like to have my attention
2-There are days that I don't feel like I have anything important to say
3-I think that in order to blog I need to have some really great pics of this guy:

Or this guy:

And look at that face...."Mom, are you really saying that you don't have enough pictures??? You've got to be kidding! I know how many pictures you take...."

Okay, so I think that I need to have some great stories to tell with some great pictures to go along with them. And some days I just don't have that magical combo. What I am trying to realize is that it is okay to blog without pictures. Life in and of itself is a great story...so what if I didn't happen to take any cool pictures of it....I can still take a minute to share some thoughts.

But not today.
I have a few pictures.

Let me introduce you to Ryne's new best friend:

Mr. Piggie
A few nights ago we were leaving Kade's room after saying good night and Ryne spotted this pig on Kade's shelf and reached out for it. I gave it to him and he just hugged it so big and tight. (Almost like he new he had Arkansas roots and was supposed to be partial to pigs....Woo Pig Sooie!) And then he wouldn't turn loose of it to go to bed. The next morning he woke up and was just hanging out in his bed playing with Mr. Piggie.
I think he has become attached to his new friend...



Kade doesn't have any new friends that I'm aware of but he does have a new favorite thing to do. He loves going to Life Kids at the Rubber Room. In fact, I told him Sunday that he needed to get a good nap so that he would be ready to go to Life Kids and he immediately asked if it would be in the Rubber Room again. When I told him yes, he got so excited that he couldn't sleep. Seriously....poor guy laid in his bed for almost two hours without being able to sleep. He kept telling me that he couldn't sleep because he just couldn't wait for "Rubber Room Church". We are trying our best to get him to call it Life Kids.

So he got up and did anything he could to keep himself busy until time to go.
He played Fireman Sam for a long time...



And I found him in the pantry saying that he needed to "rescue some snacks".
I know, my pantry is a mess...feel free to come on over and clean it out for me. And yes, I do realize that both of my boys have climbed up onto not so sturdy objects. That is the life I live. I should start counting the number of times every day that I say, "Get down from there."

It finally did get time to go to Life Kids.
Here's a look at what they were so excited about.....






We had a great night of Life Kids. Alissa and I got to hang out with the kiddos this week and we had a really good time with them. We hear that Coffee Shop Church, as Kade affectionately calls it, went really well too.

I hope that you are all having a great week.

Today is a special day for our family....it's Paw's Birthday!!!
So before I go let me send a great big Happy Birthday wish to Paw. We love you and wish we could be there to celebrate with you. I sure am going to miss that Peanut Butter Chocolate Mess tonight!!!

No comments: